Friday, January 9, 2009

Giggle Like a Schoolgirl!

That's my New Year's resolution- well the priority one-that we laugh more. Yes WE because I can't do it all alone, well I can I guess, but it's not the same. The FAB FOUR got together for a holiday dinner/cookie baking & icing/game time together and we laughed and laughed and laughed. It turned to all out cackling. Laughing with friends- can it get much better than that?

There are a lot of great things "they" say about laughter. I kinda have a thing for quotes so you'll see a lot of them here like these: "If we couldn't laugh we would go insane" from Jimmy Buffett and this one,"With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die." from Abraham Lincoln. Not real often you put those two together in one sentence!

"They" also say lots of things about how laughter heals, cleanses. Really I've heard there is scientific evidence to back it all up- miraculous terminal laughter recoveries. I'm upping my dosage on pre-emptive laughter treatment. Oh the Yiddish-"What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul, " a Yiddish Proverb or "Laughter is inner jogging" from Norman Cousin which, come on, is way better than outer jogging ANY DAY!

Not necessarily medical advice, "Laughter is the corrective force which prevents us from becoming cranks" reccomends Henri Bergson and don't we have enough cranks around as it is? e.e. cummings encourages, "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." So let's fill o9 with all the best kinds of laughing- the belly laugh, the beverage out your nose laugh (though that one sometimes hurts), the eyes watering, can’t breathe laughing. I have a couple friends who laugh so hard they snort- you know who you are! I love it!


And here it is (dramatic pause) I saved the best for last-It's Author Unknown-too bad someone doesn't get credit for this one. Prepare yourself. "Laughter is an orgasm triggered by the intercourse of sense and nonsense." Go ahead and read that one again, slowly. Does it make you smile? I'm smiling. Wow, that IS good. It is going to be a good year! Bring on the krazy laughter-yes, Yes, YES.

No comments: