Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Craigslist Rocks!

Have you bought or sold anything on craigslist yet? I highly recommend it. It is a little strange at first. Total strangers e-mail you- not the strange part since total strangers e-mail me at work every day. The strange part is that total strangers come to your house or meet you in public parking lots or you go these strangers houses. Then there is a transaction. Money for stuff. Yesterday I met a total stranger in the Walgreen's parking lot, he was the husband of a total stranger I e-mailed about buying some vintage jewelry. He did look like Santa, she was right. We stood in the freezing cold looking at the jewelry and I paid him in cash. It did feel strange, and I've done this before. Lots of times. I may have an addiction. Maybe. One night last summer I had work in St. Louis and hunted the St. Louis area craigslist ads the night before. I found many things I might need to have. I e-mailed several total strangers and after my day of work before my two hour drive home I made three stops in pouring rain. I bought the stuff in the total strangers' strange houses oogled by their strange kids and strange dogs. It was great. I bought my roommate an amazing Japanese fan for her Japanese themed bedroom- a great housewarming, Thank you Craigslist!

2 comments:

stayc said...

So, does this mean you got me something used for Christmas? LOL! ;)

Thoughts42Day said...

I LOVE craigslist. I am a slight addict - it's like going to a garage sale from the comforts of your home! Meeting up with complete strangers to buy their stuff does take some getting used to - but it's amazing what you can find. Have you every tried Freecycle?